Help is available to you and your loved ones when the coroner’s service investigates a death under the Coroners Act.
Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee
The Public Guardian and Trustee of the Yukon:
- protects the legal rights and financial interests of children;
- acts as guardian of last resort for adults who have no-known relatives or friends to assist them; and
- may administer estates of deceased and missing persons where there is no-known next-of-kin.
The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee has forms and guides available to help you.
- In person: 1st floor, Andrew A. Phillipsen Law Centre, 2130 – 2nd Avenue in Whitehorse
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 867-667-5366, toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5366
Victim Services helps victims dealing with a range of different crimes. These services are available to any person affected by a crime.
- Phone: 867-667-8500, toll free 1-800-661-0408 extension 8500
- VictimLINK: (toll free and available 24 hours per day): 1-800-563-0808
Hospice Yukon offers compassionate support to people grieving the loss of a loved one or supporting a grieving person.
- In person: 409 Jarvis Street in Whitehorse
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 867-667-7249
Vital Statistics is responsible for:
- registering deaths;
- issuing burial permits; and
- issuing death certificates.
If you need support or assistance with these processes, please contact Vital Statistics.
- In person: 4th floor, 204 Lambert Street in Whitehorse
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 867-667-5207
- Toll free: 1-800-661-0408 extension 5207
Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
The Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention provides support to survivors of suicide and families. Their website provides information and downloadable guides.
- Email: CASP@suicideprevention.ca
- Phone: 1-613-702-4446